Wednesday 9 May 2007

Quick Hadith 134

HADITH 1

Miqdaad ibn Ma'dikarab RA narrates that Rasulullah SAW said:

"No human being has filled any container more evil than his belly. It is sufficient for the son of Adam (human being) to eat a few morsels in order to straighten his back (so that he could continue living). If he has to eat more, then (the following procedure should be adopted) - one third food, one third drink and (leave) one third (empty) for air." (Mishkat: Mi'raj)


HADITH 2

Abdullah ibn Umar RA narrates that Rasulullah SAW heard a person passing wind aloud from his mouth (he burped). Rasulullah SAW advised him:

"Control your passing of wind (by not filling the belly). Verily the most hungriest people on the Day of Qiyamat will be those who used to fill their bellies in the world." (Mishkat: Mi'raj)


HADITH 3

Anas bin Malik RA narrates that Rasulullah SAW said:

"The son of Adam will be brought on the Day of Qiyamat as though he will be a lamb (helpless). He will be made to stand before Allah. Allah Ta'ala will say to him:

"I gave you (wealth and health) and blessed you, what did you do?"

The son of Adam will reply:

"Oh my Rabb (Lord), I gathered wealth, invested it and left most of it in the world. Send me back to the world so that I may bring all that (wealth)."

Allah will say:

"Show me what you have placed forth (charity, etc)."

The son of Adam will repeat:

"Oh my Rabb, I have gathered wealth, invested it and left most of it in the world."

So he will be taken to the Fire." (Mishkat: Mi'raj)

No comments: