Monday 27 August 2007

Virtues of Ramadhan - Hadith 05

Abu Sa'eed Khudri RA relates that Rasulullah SAW said:

"During each day and night of Ramadhan, Allah sets free a great number of souls from Hell. And for every Muslim, during each day and night, at least one prayer is certainly accepted."


COMMENTARY

Apart from this Hadith, there are many others stating that the Du'as of a fasting person is accepted (Mustajab). In one Hadith, we read that the Du'as is accepted at the time of Iftaar (breaking the fast), but we are generally so absorbed in eating that we neglect this opportunity.

The well-known Du'a at Iftaar is:

"O Allah - for You have I fasted, in You do I believe, and on You do I rely, and now I break this fast with food coming from you."

Abdullah bin Amr RA used to make the following Du'a at Iftaar:

"O Allah I beg You, through Your infinite Mercy, which surrounds all things, to forgive me."

In some books we read that Rasulullah SAW used to say:

"O You who are Great in Bounties, forgive me."

Many other prayers have been indicated for Iftaar, but no special Du'a is fixed. This time at Iftaar is truly a time when one's Du'a is accepted. Thus, let us submit before Allah all our needs.

No comments: