Monday 27 August 2007

Virtues of Ramadhan - Hadith 03

Reported from Haakim RA:

Ka'ab bin Ujra RA relates:

"Rasulullah (SAW) said:

"Come near to the mimbar."

- and we came near to the mimbar.

When he ascended the First step of the mimbar he said:


"Ameen."

When he ascended the second step of the mimbar he said:

"Ameen."

When he ascended the third step he said:

"Ameen."

When he descended we said:

"O' Rasulullah, we have heard from you today something which we never heard before."

He (the Prophet Muhammad SAW) said:

"When I ascended the first step, Jibril AS appeared before me and said:

"Woe unto him who found the blessed month of Ramadhan and let it pass by without gaining forgiveness."

Upon that I said:

"Aameen."

When I ascended the second step, he (Jibril AS) said:

"Woe unto him before whom thy (the Prophet SAW's) name is mentioned and then does not read Salawat upon you."

I replied:

"Ameen."

When I ascended the third step he (Jibril AS) said:

"Woe unto the person in whose presence both parents or one of them attain old age, and (through failure to serve them) is not allowed to enter Jannah."

I said:

"Ameen."

No comments: