Friday 12 January 2007

The Noble Features of Rasulullah SAW 112


Jaabir bin Abdullah RA narrates from Rasulullah SAW that he (SAW) said:

"The Ambiyaa (AS) were shown to me. I saw Musa (AS), he had a thin body, like one from among the tribe of Shanu'ah. I saw 'Isa (AS). From among all those whom I have seen, he somewhat resembled Urwah bin Mas'ud (RA). I saw Ibrahim (AS). From among all those that I have seen, I, more or less, look like him. In the same manner I saw Jibril (AS). From among all those I had seen, he more or less looked like Dihyah Kalbi (RA)."

This was on the night of mi'raaj or in a dream. Imam Bukhari RA has narrated both, on the night of mi'raaj and also in a dream. There is no confusion or difficulty in these differences, because he may have seen them on both occasions. The translation of the description of Musa AS as having a light body, in the opinion of scholars, is made from more accurate sayings.

Some Ulama in the translation of this sentence, have expressed other opinions. These three Ambiyaa AS were described because Musa AS and 'Isa AS are the prophets of the Bani Israel and Ibrahim AS, besides being the great grandfather of Rasulullah SAW, was also accepted by all Arabs. It is said that Ibrahim AS's son, Isma'il AS - is the father of the Arabs, whilst Ibrahim AS's other son - Ishak AS - is the father of the Bani Israel. That is why, it is always said even nowadays that the Arabs and the Bani Israel are cousins.

No comments: